My Photo
Name:
Location: The Dalles, Oregon, United States

I am a Psych professor at Columbia Gorge Community College. My thesis subject is humor in treatment based on Freud's book "Jokes and the Subconscious". I am also the executive director of Haven and program director with the Children's Trust Fund of Oregon. And lastly, I am a contractual therapist. I have one soul-mate daughter and a life-long husband. Another part of my family are our three dogs Bear, Blizzard, and Ari.

Friday, April 07, 2006

Days in Lyon, Travels from Oxford

Sitting in lobby in Lyon, France. We are surrounded by angels and Van Gogh-style paintings. We've come a long ways, Oxford was a stepping stone for an educational journey that has taken many paths. We've visited Rembrandt, Carravagio, and Michelangelo. We have walked with students viewing DaVinci and the Palace of the Popes. We spent the afternoon in the walled city of Avignon. We have been so impressed by the architecture and the spirits that surround it. I took time today to sing echoes of Ave Maria in a Medieval Church. The eyes alone can educate, but the sights and sounds and the cold stone of the buildings brings history to our touch.

And we leave for Paris tomorrow, and to visit the Leuvre and explore the sights of the DaVinci Code. We will be home in four days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home