My Photo
Name:
Location: The Dalles, Oregon, United States

I am a Psych professor at Columbia Gorge Community College. My thesis subject is humor in treatment based on Freud's book "Jokes and the Subconscious". I am also the executive director of Haven and program director with the Children's Trust Fund of Oregon. And lastly, I am a contractual therapist. I have one soul-mate daughter and a life-long husband. Another part of my family are our three dogs Bear, Blizzard, and Ari.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Hello from Amsterdam!

Sorry to leave London, it's been foggy and drizzling, but we loved it. We will miss all of the buses. I had a great time at St. Paul's Cathedral, I'm glad they saved it from the great blitz. Beautiful white and gold interior. An original painting of the illuminated Christ (just like the one we saw in Oxford) was housed in the Cathedral. Missing Harris Manchester College and all of the interesting people we met--even more so than ever now. It felt so safe and secure there, compared to the 8 million people living in London. We went to a wonderful French meal at the London resaurant: Brasserie Roux. The food was awesome, the service was impeccable, and their website is: www.sofitelstjames.com . Dinner was followed by the wonderful play, The Phantom of the Opera. Chandelier came so close to our heads in a different scene, and it felt like the Phantom had been singing to us, we were so close. No bus was there to pick us up afterwords, so we returned to the Roux and they treated us gracefully. We will miss London and all the great bus-rides and people.

Hi to Paula Ascher! Hope pod-casts are enjoyable!

Tomorrow, I head to Anne Frank's house with Torey.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Powerful words for women!

Your presentation was full of rich metaphor and personal experience.

Thanks for the Dream Poem...

I listened and......
'took in a deep breath of life'.

9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saveed your presentation to my computer because many of the things you said hit home for me. The dream poem Tess I wish I had written down because it brought me to tears because it was so powerfully spoken

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tess, Your poem helped me realize that I need to fight some demons from my past that is keeping me from a happy future. You are such a powerful speaker.

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home